Tuesday, April 3, 2012

TOP 10 THINGS I LIKE ABOUT RAISING MY GIRLS ON THE SPECTRUM

10. No pesky team sports taking up Saturday leisure time.
9. Serial monogamy in footwear saves me a bundle.
8. Ditto paucity of birthday party invites.
7. No need to worry about affording the latest fad. We are clueless.
6. A long swim fixes almost any problem.
5. Ready source of encyclopedic knowledge about sharks, astronomy, anime, Harry Potter, Legos and so much more.
4. Nice to have reality check that, yes, Mommy, your bottom is big and you aren't very smart.
3. Grocery list ridiculously short thanks to sensory issues.
2. Sometimes they make me laugh so hard I might actually pee myself.

And my favorite thing about raising my kids on the spectrum:
1. On site tech support, 24/7.






No comments:

Post a Comment